Healthy bodies make healthy minds, right? So how can something good for the body also be good for the mind? NAD+ is the thing.
You see, NAD+ is a naturally-occurring coenzyme found in every living cell that helps to convert food into energy.
It plays a vital role in many biological processes including cell aging and differentiation. It also boosts your immune system by increasing immune cell count and enhancing their response to pathogens as well as assisting with inflammation management. This all leads to a heightened sense of well-being, sharper cognition, and better sleep quality.
Maybe you’ve been told you’re depressed and there is no known cure for it. But what if this was just part of the side effects of low natural NAD levels…
In this blog, you’ll discover the significance of NAD+ and how it helps in aiding sickness and depression recovery.
First, let’s start with NAD+ Therapy?
NAD+ is the acronym for nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide and it’s a co-enzyme that is often found in most living cells. It’s also sometimes called the “anti-aging molecule” because of its positive effects in helping to promote health and increase lifespan.
It’s renowned for its therapeutic benefits as some studies have shown that this powerful molecule helps in combating various chronic ailments that affect the human body and brain.
NAD+ is said to be in two forms; active and inactive. Its active variant is what is known as NAD+ while the inactive form is known as NADH.
NAD+ has plenty of aliases and another popular one is that it’s known as “a helper molecule” as NAD+ because of its ability to bind with other enzymes to activate them to enable molecular reaction. An example is a protein known as “sirtuins” which is involved in numerous biological processes but requires the NAD+ coenzyme to function optimally.
Now, let’s take a look at NAD+ Therapy
NAD+ Therapy or NAD+ IV therapy is a process whereby nutrients and vitamins are administered to the body through intravenous means. IV infusions are popular for helping to aid overall wellness and improve a certain aspect of a person’s health.
The infusion of NAD+ through Intravenous means or an IV drip is the only means through which a person can get the whole and complete biological benefit from the molecule meaning that the body will absorb all the supplemental coenzymes possible and convert it to molecular energy.
Unlike oral supplements of NAD+, it is almost impossible for your body to absorb all the benefits of the NAD+ making it difficult for you to see results, and IV therapy is considered one of the safest and most effective ways to get the supplement into your body.
Next, is what are the benefits of NAD+ Therapy
Benefits of NAD+ Therapy
- Prevent the onset of diseases: Although research is still ongoing as to the effect of NAD+ coenzymes on various health cases recent research has shown a link between this coenzyme and conditions like a cardiovascular and metabolic disease. A low amount of NAD+ in the body has been linked to the onset of diabetes and fatty liver disease.
- Aid recovery from addiction: Recovery from an addiction is often a difficult process and data from the National Institute of drug abuse showed that 40%-60% of people are struggling with addiction relapse. So, how does NAD+ therapy help? First, it’s important to know that NAD+ IV therapy is not a cure for addiction but it’s a powerful tool that can aid recovery from addiction. NAD+ helps to reduce the withdrawal symptoms thereby making the withdrawal phase more tolerable and aiding the patient’s transition to sobriety. NAD+ therapy in addition to psychotherapy and counseling helps to make the recovery process more effective.
- Reduction of Pain: There is a family of protein molecules known as Sirtuins that is known to play a key role in the body’s inflammatory reaction and anti-oxidant expression. This molecule helps to reduce inflammation which in turn reduces pain but this molecule requires the NAD+ coenzyme to function optimally so NAD+ plays a key role in the pain reduction process. Also, sirtuin plays a role in helping to reverse or slow aging specifically a sirtuin known as Sir2p, and as stated NAD+ impacts the effectiveness of sirtuin, and in this case, it aids the disappearance of wrinkles and lines.
- Aid Depression recovery: Independently NAD+ can help aid the symptoms of chronic or acute depression and can also work alongside traditional means. As we mentioned earlier, there is a need for a connection between NAD+ and sirtuins to make the latter function optimally. And in this case, a change in sirtuin is said to cause a change in the mood or mood disorders and the correction of this imbalance with NAD+ can help improve the mood disorders which is a symptom of depression. To also help combat depression and aid recovery, NAD+ also helps in the regulation of oxidative stress; a condition whereby the prolonged accumulation of free radicals in the body leads to cell damage, and heavy metal toxicity plays a key role in some of the symptoms of depression. NAD+ Therapy can help in the reversal of oxidative stress and alleviate depressive symptoms by binding to free radicals & also flushing them from the system.
- Improvement of Athletic Performance: IV therapy for athletes using NAD+ can also help to improve athletic performance as the NAD+ IV vitamin therapy for athletes helps to boost energy and cognitive function which translates quick reaction time during sporting activities as well improve their overall performance
Other benefits of NAD+ therapy
- Improvement of cognitive function
- Boosts energy
- Aids weight management
- Improve metabolism
Turn A Day Sick Into A Weekend Break….IV Concierge Team can help aid your recovery from sickness and depression with our mobile NAD+ IV therapy service in Miami and South Florida.
Our fast, mobile IV therapy treatment can help you manage the symptoms associated with everything from blood disorders, cardiac issues, and chronic fatigue to autoimmune diseases and diabetes.
Treating your body and mind is our specialty so you can live the life that you have always dreamed about.