It’s no secret that IV therapy is becoming more popular every day. Whether you are an avid yogi, bodybuilder, ultra marathoner, or just simply want to take your health to another level, intravenous therapy could be a great option. The question on everyone’s minds is, how much does intravenous therapy cost?
Top IV therapy centers can be very expensive, so knowing the costs and benefits of each session at a given facility is important. Several different types of IV Therapy exist. Some are more helpful than others but regardless all types can cost anywhere between $80 and hundreds of dollars. If you are not sure what type of treatment is right for you then read on.
First, what is IV therapy?
IV therapy is simply the direct administration of fluids and medication into the body through the veins and is usually delivered through IV drips that make for faster delivery of nutrients.
Secondly, what are the various benefits of IV therapy?
- Convenience: When you are sick or unwell, the last thing you want to do is head to the hospital except when it’s necessary. For some common ailments, IV therapy is a much easier and more convenient option, you don’t even need to leave your home to get IV treatment
- Immune booster and overall wellness: The infusion of fluids, minerals, and nutrients from the IV fluid combine to help boost the immune system, improve your hydration levels, and keep your skin healthy.
Now, let’s get into the various type of IV therapy treatment
Types of IV Treatment
In this segment, we take a look at 5-6 top products in the IV treatment category like Nad therapy, hangover, Myers cocktail, etc. These treatments are differentiated by their usage.
Hangover Infusion: This is a type of IV treatment that helps you to combat the effect of hangover. It’s common knowledge that alcohol being a diuretic causes dehydration and as such one of the key things to help overcome a hangover is being hydrated and this is what IV infusion therapy provides. A typical hangover drip contains fluids, nutrients & vitamins, glutathione, anti-inflammatory, and nausea medications delivered directly into your bloodstream. Some of the benefits and steps on how hangover infusion makes you feel better to have a hangover;
- Rehydration: As stated earlier, consumption of alcohol leaves you dehydrated but hangover IV therapy helps to replace lost fluids making it possible for your body to function optimally and restore your energy
- Detoxing: When you consume alcohol, the body produces toxic byproducts like acetaldehyde and other free radicals that causes dire hangover symptoms like nausea, but hangover infusion which contains an anti-oxidant like glutathione which helps to combat the free radicals.
- Restoration of nutrients: Some various vitamins and nutrients are involved in the functioning of the different parts of the body and when you consume alcohol, these nutrients are depleted. Hangover IV therapy helps to restore vitamins and nutrients like Vitamin B, C, magnesium, and zinc
NAD IV therapy: This is a type of intravenous treatment that is involved in the stimulation of cell regeneration in the body. NAD is a coenzyme that is renowned for binding with elements in the body and helps to reduce withdrawal symptoms, especially during addiction recovery, and also improves cognitive processing. Below are some of the benefits of this type of therapy;
Addiction recovery: Whether drugs or alcohol, addiction of any kind tends to change the brain and the changes in the brain chemistry are one of the major reasons why people experience rehab relapse but NAD IV therapy helps to accelerate brain healing thereby reducing the urge to use or cravings.
Brain Fog: This is a condition whereby you are unable to think clearly or focus. NAD IV therapy helps to combat this by saturating your brain cells with the nutrients it requires to perform optimally.
- Weight Loss IV Therapy: This IV treatment is not a magic cure for weight loss but rather it’s a treatment that works optimally to help you achieve your desired objective by combining with a healthy diet and exercise. The Weight loss IV treatment is a mix of vitamins, minerals, and lipotropics to help accelerate your metabolism. The lipotropics in the mix is the key ingredient that helps the body to break down fat naturally and also burn calories
- Covid IV Therapy: In the treatment of Covid-19 patients, monoclonal antibody therapy is administered through IV. This IV therapy uses Covid-19 antibodies in helping the body to fight off the infection and to fast-track covid recovery. The FDA gave emergency use authorization status to 4 antibody infusion therapies and these therapies are; Sotrovimab, Tocilizumab, Bebtelovimab, and a combination of tixagevimab and cilgavimab.
- Myers Cocktail: This is one of the most popular IV treatments and it was originally designed to help treat health conditions like fatigue, fibromyalgia, etc. Although it’s renowned to work for various conditions most healthcare providers make sure to customize the cocktail to fit the needs of the patients. Some of the benefits of Myers cocktail include;
- Prevention and reduction of asthmatic attack: Myers cocktail contains magnesium and it helps in the prevention and reduction of chronic fatigue, cardiovascular disease, chronic sinusitis, etc
- It also helps to reduce muscle weakness and help to improve the body’s magnesium levels
Finally, let’s take a look at how How Much Does IV Therapy Cost?
IV therapy cost is usually dependent on two core factors; the location and the kind of vitamins you want to receive. Usually, vitamin IV therapy prices range between $125 to $300 while an IV treatment to boost your immune system can cost around $210 and one for a headache could cost $150.
Also, it’s important to note that an IV therapy that involves vitamin-like glutathione is usually more costly than that of Vitamin C
IV Concierge is an infusion concierge service that provides custom IV drips designed to maximize feeling better fast. IV Concierge provides intravenous medical treatments. These intravenous therapies are used by doctors, nurses, naturopathic doctors, and other medical professionals as a way to deliver beneficial substances directly into your bloodstream via a small needle in your hand or arm. Our purpose is simple: to improve your vitality and make you feel better fast! We help athletes, people struggling with injuries, health-related problems, and those who are simply seeking optimal wellness.