A holiday party is a great way to mingle with friends and celebrate the season. However, holiday parties often involve alcohol which can sometimes lead to hangovers. Hangovers can ruin your day and leave you feeling miserable for the rest of the week. Luckily, there are options to help you stay awake and avoid this common problem.
Imagine drinking all you want and having the energy of a thousand suns without all the various hangover symptoms.
It can be regarded as the hangover cure. I know you think it’s a hoax, but it’s not!
How IV therapy can help you avoid a holiday hangover is exactly what I’m going to explain, so read on!
So, how does IV Therapy help avoid a Christmas Hangover?
First, what’s IV Therapy?
Intravenous therapy is a process that involves the administration of fluids into the body through the veins/blood vessels. It’s considered one of the fastest and effective ways to deliver nutrients to the body.
Secondly, before diving into how IV therapy helps to prevent hangovers, let’s take a look at common hangover solutions:
Common hangover remedies
- Hair of the dog: This involves taking another alcoholic drink to cure a hangover
- Excessive Oral hydration: Due to the diuretic nature of alcohol, it prevents fluid from being absorbed by the body thereby causing the drinker to urinate more and even develop side effects like sweating, vomiting, and headaches. Drinking water excessively alone could alleviate these side effects.
- Greasy Breakfast: A breakfast of eggs and bacon is known to contain amino acids that help to remove some by-products of alcohol being in your system, but consuming oily food on a queasy stomach is not the best of remedies in feeling better after a hangover.
- Caffeine: Consuming a lot of alcohol will disrupt your sleep and as a result, you might feel a loss of energy, consuming caffeine beverages can help with that boost of energy needed to go through the day but it won’t help with all the other hangover symptoms.
How does IV Therapy prevent hangovers?
Below are some ways by which IV therapy works to help save you from the misery of a holiday hangover especially during this festive season.
- It has an instant effect: Due to its direct application to the bloodstream, IV therapy works instantaneously as the body directly absorbs the required nutrients to help fight off the hangover. Unlike oral hydration which takes a couple of hours before restoring the body after the dehydrating effect of alcohol in the system.
- Restoration of balance after alcohol consumption: The level of dehydration the body experiences after the consumption of alcohol, which is usually a considerable amount during the holiday season, is different from being dehydrated as a result of other things. This is because alcohol resists the antidiuretic hormones of the body, which are the hormones that help the body absorb fluid. In other words, when you consume alcohol, you find yourself wanting to urinate more as your body attempts to push out liquid due to your alcohol consumption. So, what IV therapy does is rehydrate your body on a much deeper level instantly which a couple of glasses of water can’t do in hours thereby restoring your body’s hydration level.
- They are filled with helpful vitamins: Hangover IV Drips are more than just saline bags, they are filled with various vitamins that could do the body a lot of good especially after indulging in a lot of free booze (which is common during this time of the year). IV Drips are filled with vitamins and nutrients required by the body after a hangover episode. Some of the ingredients to be found in an IV Therapy for hangovers are vitamins and electrolytes for restoration of metabolic balance, amino acids for combating toxins, etc. Also, it’s common for people to suffer Vitamin B1 deficiency after a hangover and this is why some appear confused and uncoordinated after a drinking spell but with IV therapy which is typically filled with B-complex vitamins, your body will be restored to normal and functioning the way it’s meant to almost instantly.
- IV therapy helps in relieving hangover side-effects: Aside from the vitamins contained in IV drip that help protect you in case of a hangover, it also has nutrients that help protect against all the side effects of hangovers like headache, nausea, and heartburn.
It’s the holiday season and that means a lot of partying and of course a lot of booze, and with that comes hangovers but with IV Concierge hangover IV Therapy, you can have all the fun you want during this season of joy and fun
Whether you are partying in Miami or South Florida, our mobile hangover IV therapy team will come to you, so you won’t have to leave your room. All you have to do is get comfortable on the couch or bed, and relax while our IV nurse gives you an IV treatment.
Our staffs are warm, knowledgeable and responsible. Our mission is to deliver the best care to our patients while they are also having fun!