Anxiety can be really difficult to live with. It manifests in several symptoms and levels of intensity for each person. For many, anxiety is something that comes and goes without needing anything done about it. But for others, it can have a serious impact on their quality of life.
So yes, on one side there is a lot of bad publicity around it. All these negative shouts are making more and more people scared about their anxious state. On the other hand – there is so much hope out there for the clinically anxious. Hope in the sense that there are some very effective treatment options at our disposal today. Things are not as hopeless as they seem to be.
In this blog, we will be looking at the different symptoms of anxiety and how intravenous infusions for anxiety treatments like Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) works to help with it.
First, let’s take a look at what anxiety is.
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is simply the body’s reaction to stress and it usually involves a feeling of uneasiness, rapid beating of the heart, and restlessness. For instance, it’s normal for you to feel anxious during the beginning of an important presentation or when faced with a difficult
But there are some times when the anxiety doesn’t go away and this is when the anxiety is transitioned to anxiety disorder.
What is Anxiety disorder?
This is a condition whereby a person’s anxiety does not simply go away and gets worse by affecting day-to-day activities like work, relationships, etc.
According to some experts, anxiety disorders are not easy to detect and they might vary from person to person, some might experience OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorders) while some might experience PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress disorder) or another type of anxiety.
This points to the fact that no single anxiety disorder is the same as the next person.
However, despite the difference in the types of anxiety, there are common signs of anxiety that could point to you having an anxiety disorder.
7 Signs of Anxiety
- Feeling of Fatigue: This is one of the most common indicators of being anxious. When you suffer from serious anxiety, your body is left in a state where it is always on high alert and tension, looking for internal and external threats leading to mental and physical exhaustion even after you get some quality night’s sleep. So, if you discover that you get exhausted for no reason, especially during the day, this may be a sign.
- An increase in heart rate: Naturally, anxiety is our body’s response to danger commonly known as fight or flight response, and as such it’s essential for human survival. However, when there is a high level of anxiety, your body can’t tell what’s dangerous and what isn’t and as a result of this, the body is in a constant fight and flight mode thereby increasing your heart rate and this leads us to the next sign of anxiety
- Fast heartbeat or heart palpitations: This is one of the major indicators of anxiety and can be quite terrifying for many because the heart will feel as if it’s about to go into cardiac arrest and sometimes the person might feel some chest pain. Some might feel their heartbeat in various parts of their body like the neck, throat, and even head, and while this feels scary, this state only happens for a few seconds before stopping. In this state, you will also take in more oxygen causing you to breathe heavily like you are working out while you aren’t moving at all.
- Muscles Aches & Weakness: A feeling of pain in your muscles might be a result of poor health or anxiety. This is because anxiety can cause tensing of the muscles which can make the muscles stiff and painful. When a person is in a state of constant stress and anxiety, it can prevent the immune system from working perfectly and if the immune system doesn’t work perfectly, it can cause increased inflammation of some parts of the body including joint pain. On the other hand, anxiety causes weakness of the muscles especially muscles in the arm and leg region. This is because the body which is already in a fight or flight response mode to protect the body from danger causes the redirection of blood flow to areas that the body requires at that time to protect it and in this case, the legs which are required to run. However, a constant increase of blood flow to the legs can cause the feel to like jelly or weak
- Headaches: Most times, the cause of most headaches and migraine are as a result of tension in the neck and shoulder regions of the body. With anxiety, it’s common to feel a certain pressure around the head and the eyes. In Fact, in some women, there’s an increase in the number of migraines due to the hormonal imbalance caused by anxiety.
- Indigestion: Gastric-related conditions such as excess gas, constipation, diarrhea, stomach cramps are also signs of anxiety. For instance, IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome) is said to be one digestive condition that happens as a result of chronic anxiety and mental health problems.
- Dizziness: People with chronic anxiety might discover that they feel light-headed and want to pass out.
Now, let’s take a look at how NAD IV Can Help with some of the Anxiety Symptoms
What is NAD?
NAD simply stands for nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide and it’s the coenzyme that exists naturally in the body and it’s involved in a lot of metabolic processes like the production of energy, regulation of the immune system, reduction of inflammation, and also most importantly it performs as a helper molecule for protein in the regulation of other cellular function. It’s also known as a derivative of Vitamin B3.
NAD+ and anxiety
As a person grows older, the NAD+ level reduces and people with low-level of NAD are likely to suffer symptoms related to anxiety, depression, and mental health disorders.
So, in essence, there is a connection between NAD and anxiety.
NAD IV Therapy and how it helps tackle anxiety
NAD IV Therapy can play a crucial role in helping patients who are battling Anxiety disorders. By the direct application of NAD into the body through intravenous infusion, the nutrients are immediately applied to the brain and enable it to perform some functions that can help ease the anxiety symptoms.
- Release of neurotransmitters that essential to the functioning of the brain and the nervous system
- Flushing out of toxins especially heavy metal toxins like lead that contribute to anxiety and neurotoxicity
- The release of certain coenzymes helps to improve mood and activates a feeling of calmness and happiness eliminating feelings of depression.
Additionally, NAD IV Therapy is usually administered through a saline solution, and as a result, it helps to hydrate the body supplying the different cells with the required fluid to function optimally and according to a study, increased consumption of water helps to improve the mood.
Our IV Concierge Team is always at your service with mobile IV therapy services for the anxiety treatment. We can provide information about how to treat anxiety, depression, stress, and more so you can get the peace of mind you deserve!
Whether you are in Miami or anywhere in South Florida, you can get your IV drip for anxiety treatment from the comfort of your own home or hotel without worry.